3:16 AMBREAD IN THE REFRIGERATOR
BREAD IN THE REFRIGERATOR
Bread has long been the basis of the diet. Despite the spread of molecular cuisine and unusual products, nothing has changed globally - pastries are still stored in every home. At the same time, the place where the bread lies should not affect its taste. Food storage is one of the important aspects of everyday life that guarantees human health. Failure to comply with storage rules leads to spoilage of food supplies. This also applies to bread - at best, it will simply dry out, at worst, it will become moldy.
Where to store?
Any pastry spoils in two ways: stale or covered with mold. In the first case, baking becomes tasteless, and in the second - unhealthy. The aging process begins when stored in poor conditions after 6-8 hours: bread loses elasticity, becomes hard and crumbly, taste and smell deteriorate. Therefore, storage conditions are very important.
Each hostess has her own approach to this issue. Most use beautiful bread bins (wooden, metal or plastic). Some adhere to grandmother's methods and wrap loaves in natural fabrics (linen or canvas). Many people store bread in plastic bags. To say that one way is correct and the other is not is not worth it - it's all relative. Here you should take into account the volume of bakery products and the period for which storage is meant. In any case, bakery products should not be stored for more than 3 days. Although bread keeps well in the refrigerator for a week. Again, everything will depend on the conditions and compliance with certain rules.
Some people keep bread in the refrigerator all their lives for one simple reason: they think to keep the product fresh, such as sausages or greens. However, bakery products are specific and require their own storage conditions while maintaining taste.
Practice has shown that the refrigerator is a pretty good place to store bread. However, it has been scientifically proven that hardening occurs most quickly at temperatures from 0 to 10 ° C. That is, the most unfavorable conditions for it are created in the refrigerator.
If you really need to store bread for a long time, then it is better to use a freezer. The low temperature stops the evaporation of moisture from the roll and prevents the yeast from interacting with other products. Thus, bread can be stored unchanged for three to five months.
Why You Shouldn't Store Bread in the Refrigerator
1) There is no single answer to this question. It is impossible to argue that it is categorically not recommended to store bread in the refrigerator or, on the contrary, it is necessary. It would be more correct to say - it is possible, but unreasonable. There are a few things to keep in mind when storing bread this way:
2) Baking quickly absorbs various foreign odors. Therefore, if you store bread in the refrigerator without packaging, it will most likely borrow flavors from neighbors on the shelf and will no longer be so attractive to eat.
3) Bread is very hygroscopic in nature. It absorbs moisture like a sponge. In the refrigerator, however, a humid environment, since at low temperatures condensation of water vapor contained in the air occurs. Modern models are equipped with a fan, which will only partially solve the problem, but it will dry the loaf with a stream of air. Bread saturated with moisture loses its taste and becomes stale very quickly when taken out of the refrigerator.
4) Formation of mold. Humid environment is the conditions conducive to the growth and development of microorganisms and fungi. This shows up as mold on bread. It also plays a role that the yeast dough undergoes further fermentation, and in an acidic environment, the mold grows intensively. It also contributes to the spoilage of bread by its content in a plastic bag - it rots in a confined space and becomes not only tasteless, but also dangerous when consumed.
5) Bakery products contain yeast, which, when interacting with other products, impairs the taste of the entire product. To stop such a "reaction", it is better to store bread in the freezer.
Thus, the storage of bread in the refrigerator is allowed. At the same time, it should be borne in mind that every day the taste and useful qualities of bread begin to gradually disappear, so it is important to avoid evaporation of moisture inside the baking, as well as monitor the condition of the bread itself.
|Total comments: 0|